Saturday, 27 November 2010

I Love a Good Book


"When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes." --Erasmus

"Next to acquiring good friends, the best acquisition is that of a good book." --Charles Caleb Cotton

"The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it." --James Bryce


~I love to read.  Never am I without a book.  They are by my bed, in my purse, in my bag at school, and anywhere I am.  I am constantly reading.  When I was in elementary and high school, I was always at the top of my class in reading, total pages read, and I won every award they offered.  Not that I mean to boast.  I simply mean that I love to read, and things haven't changed. 

~In my off time, I enjoy designing and customizing floor plans as well as decorating houses.  In every floor plan that I design, a library is included.  One library that I fell in love with as a little girl is shown in the picture below.


~Okay, I realize that this library does not exist, but I love it just the same.  Huge, with two staircases, and full of books. I'd have married the Beast for that library.

~Another thing that I do that relates to books and reading, is that I collect rare and first edition books.  Some of the books that I have first editions of are; Warlock O' Glenwarlock by George MacDonald, Freckles and A Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton Porter, and an early edition of At the Back of the North Wind by George MacDonald.

~While reading, I mark interesting quotes or paragraphs, to write down in my quote book.  This book includes; quotes, song lines, excerpts, and anything else I find particularly interesting.

"Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are." --Mason Cooley

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...