Friday, 19 November 2010

This is the Ring I Wear


The above photograph is a picture of the ring that I have worn on my left, ring-finger since I was fifteen years old.  I will continue to wear it until the day I am married.  The outside inscription is in Hebrew, and says the same as the inside inscription which is in English."אני את הדרך, את האמת, החיים" "I am the way, the truth, and the life."

This type of ring has many names.  Some call it a promise ring, others a chastity ring; however, the important part is what it means.  For me personally, my ring is a promise, and a reminder.

It is a promise to God and my future husband (whomever he may be) that I will keep myself pure until the day I am married and the vows have been said.  I have never dated nor kissed anyone, as I have not meant the man that I believe God wants me to marry.

It is a reminder to myself, of what I believe.  As a college student, I have been abused and assaulted for my faith.  This ring helps to give me strength, and to remind me of what God has in store for me in this life, as well as the next.

It may be scratched, it may not shine, it may not seem that I treat it right, but I wear it each day as a part of my life and see it as a symbol of God in my life.

I will wear this ring, until I take the marriage vows, and hope to one day pass it on to my own daughter so that it may give her strength and remind her of He who loves her.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like the ring. It's nice to have something you treasure for so long. Great blog!
    Krafty Girl

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...